[rescue] The best 'rescue' workstation

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at mail.zill.net
Sun Apr 24 19:33:52 CDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 05:59:49PM -0400, Aaron Finley wrote:
> Imac G5 17" - slowest piece of crap I have ever used. The interface is
> completely unresponsive. I would rather use a 486 then this. click
> WAIT click WAIT. I have to use one of a daily basis at college.

Then the machine must be misconfigured.  If you can, check the
power-saving setup, and change it from automatic to whatever the
equivalent of "off" or "no power-saving" is.  Some G5's have
auto-throttling of the CPU to conserve energy, but it is too
conservative and can affect performance.

--Patrick