[rescue] Sun 21" trinitron and vertical Elite3d's to get rid of (SF bay area)

Atom rescue at port11.net
Tue Apr 12 09:28:17 CDT 2005

Paxton Hoag wrote:

> Actually wet dumpster monitors dry out quite well and often work.
> Survival rate will be higher than 50%. You need to make sure they are
> dried out very well, especially if they have been wet only a day or
> two or three. (They need to dry for several days.)

Yeah I had some from dumsters before that worked pretty well and had
been rained on. But the first monitor I picked up (was with the tube
towards the ground) had a waterfall coming out of it and I just didnt
trust it. It was not like the next few days the weather was nice to dry
them out a bit, the water was standing in there. I just didn't know if
they would start to rust or whatsoever.

I mean it's not uncommon to find them and I'll just wait for the next
"batch" to be upgraded... ;-)

-- A