[rescue] Sun's new policy sucks...

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Tue Apr 12 08:03:50 CDT 2005

Charles Shannon H. wrote:

> Besides that, what about those of us with slow links or physically
> secure networks?
>
> It's bloody *STUPID* that Sun doesn't provide *CHEAP* patch CDs.
>
> For that matter, honestly, why can't they let someone like CheapBytes
> distribute ISOs?

   Hey, Sun already sponsors the Sun Freeware web site -- wouldn't it be
cool if they also let him (and his mirrors!) distribute signed patch
clusters or individual signed patches? The signature could be confirmed
with one listed on sun.com, and the mirrors would use a static path to
the download (instead of the common redirects that someone mentioned,
which are a pain) so we could all grab them there.
   *sigh* What a crazy dream...
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt