[rescue] Sun 21" trinitron and vertical Elite3d's to get rid of (SF bay area)

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Apr 11 21:43:23 CDT 2005

Thu, 07 Apr 2005 @ 19:45 -0400, Mike Nicewonger said:

> Those are amazing tubes. Somebody should grab that up. I have the SGI
> badged version of that tube and I -love- it. IMO I have never seen a
> better monitor.

Yep.

I have a 19" Sony 400PS, and the screen is getting dim.  I can't turn
brightness up enough to set the blackpoint any more, so I assume the
tube is going.  It's going to be 7 years old this August.

Is that about the time they finally go?

I'm kind of divided on what to do about it.  It still works well enough
to use, and is still clear.

I need 1600x1200, and none of the cheap flat panels which also do not
suck will do that.

Shopping for CRTs now sucks, so many stores have stopped carrying
anything worth crap now.

Online ordering is funny sometimes:

    21" IBM (Sony) monitor: $150 (used)
    Shipping:		    $100

These things are just so heavy.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [governorrhea: a contagious disease that
spreads from the governor of a state downward through other offices and his