[rescue] Sun's new policy sucks...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Apr 11 21:33:15 CDT 2005

Thu, 07 Apr 2005 @ 13:31 -0500, Patrick Finnegan said:

> On Thursday 07 April 2005 11:00, William Enestvedt wrote:
> > If I'm supposed to use a web broswer and sign in and everything, what
> > do I do on a headless, no-X server?
>
> Have you tried lynx/links?

Sometimes they work, but there are plenty of WWW admins who seem to
delight in making sure they won't work.

Besides that, what about those of us with slow links or physically
secure networks?

It's bloody *STUPID* that Sun doesn't provide *CHEAP* patch CDs.

For that matter, honestly, why can't they let someone like CheapBytes
distribute ISOs?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [governorrhea: a contagious disease that
spreads from the governor of a state downward through other offices and his