[rescue] anyone heard of XMail server?

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at mail.zill.net
Sat Apr 9 10:36:04 CDT 2005

In keeping with rescueing old machines, I have come across

http://www.xmailserver.org/

Which on my Sun box results in a server that takes up about 3.5MB RSS
(currently 3240K RSS) and is claimed by some to be faster than
Postfix.

Within that binary is a multi-threaded email server with builtin DNS
blacklist checker and a defined interface for controlling and
configuring it (such as adding new domains, etc.), a POP3 server, and
builtin POP-before-SMTP and SMTP auth methods.

Does anyone else have any experience with this email server?

--P