[rescue] ultra2 power-on without keyboard??

Shirker shirker at mooli.org.uk
Tue Apr 5 12:11:41 CDT 2005

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, stephen price wrote:

> So to allow me to power-on/off without keeping a type5
> keyboard handy.....what is / was the "fix"??

ISTR it was me that initiated the previous discussion, and it was with a
U1.

I also STR that the fix was that the PSU "remembers" the current state. So
what you do is, power it on with the soft-switch on the back next to the
mains input (it does have one doesn't it? The U1 certainly does) and then
just pull the mains cable out, or turn it off at the plug.

When the mains comes back, I think the machine (because the last state it
"knew it was in" was ON) will just power straight back on. I could be
wrong about this, give it a try for yourself and let us know?

Regards,

Ed.