[rescue] WTB: Gravis Ultrasound

Skeezics Boondoggle skeezics at q7.com
Mon Apr 4 20:18:21 CDT 2005

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005, Steve Hatle wrote:

> On 4/4/05 4:48 PM, "Torquil MacCorkle, III" wrote:
>
> > For some reason I just can't bring myself to throw anything away...
> > even dead circuit boards I think "Hey, I could desolder some of those
> > components and re-use them".  Sigh. ;)
>
> "The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem."

Sigh.  I feel like I can't have a proper "purge" until I've finished at
least setting things up and at least spend some time goofing around with
'em.  *Then* I'll "simplify my life" and give it all up.  (Heh heh.
Riiiiiight.  You'll find me riding out the Apocalypse under my raised
floor surrounded by sandbags and SPAM...)

I'm thinking I might have to do a "save Toby" kind of thing with one of my
old machines, but I'm not sure if I have anything old or revered enough to
raise enough sympathy - like a PDP-10 or a Xerox Alto or something less
obscure than my PERQs, but not as commonplace as the massive Sun pile.
Maybe a NeXT Cube?  "Unless I see $50K to build a datacenter in my PayPal
account in the next 30 days, I'll cook and eat this NeXT Cube!!"

-- Chris