[rescue] SGI Challenge L systems available in Denver

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Sep 30 21:17:28 CDT 2004

Thu, 30 Sep 2004 @ 17:24 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:

> On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 04:13:54PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > The test was designed to see how lighting affected people's vision, and
> > which they preferred working with.
> >
> > Bright white light bothered people, and some had obvious trouble with
> > color recognition and visual tests.  This was especially true with
> > flourescent lights.
>
> That would probably be because the spectral signature of the average
> fluorescent tube is, frankly, bloody appalling.  Not only is it not
> really a continuous spectrum, it's really heavy in the green.

Also, if you get lower wattage flourescents to try and get a warmer
light or just reduce the brightness, they generally look even worse.

One light that wasn't _too_ bad was actually a 100watt, but heavily
coated and the fixture lens was also coated.  It diffused the light
fairly well and it supposedly had some gimmick to reduce flicker.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["We have nothing to prove" -- Alan Dawkins]