[rescue] SGI Challenge L systems available in Denver

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Thu Sep 30 17:12:54 CDT 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:13:54 -0400
  Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> Wed, 29 Sep 2004 @ 21:06 -0700, John Williams said:

> Having said that, the Sun is very definitely yellow.
> Spectral class G2,
> making it slightly hotter and more massive than the
>average star.  It's
> over 2000K too cool to be a white star.

Technically the sun is a yellow-white dwarf G2V. It
however
radiates in the whole visible spectrum, as well as the
infrared, ultraviolet and X-ray bands... So technically
the "light" that is emited by the sun, light being the
human visible spectrum, is white since it has all its
chromatic components... scattering and absorbtion however
may modify the actual color we end up seeing.

That being said, humans tend to fare better with "warmer"
lighting such as yellowish/redish... rather than "colder"
lights such as blueish. Whether it is a psychological or
physiological factor I have no idea.

> Humans don't need daylight 24/7.

Actually daylight 24/7 is a bad thing for a human. We are
designed with night and day in mind. And our internal
clocks  can be screwed up pretty bad with continuous
illuminated conditions.