[rescue] Sol9 on old x86

Steve Sandau ssandau at gwi.net
Thu Sep 23 15:03:10 CDT 2004

Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:14:07 -0400
> Steve Sandau <ssandau at gwi.net> wrote:
>

>>grandpa: {1} uname -a
>>NetBSD grandpa 1.6.2_RC4 NetBSD 1.6.2_RC4 (GENERIC.MP) #0: Sun Jan 11
>>15:15:20 UTC 2004
>>root at grandpa:/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/GENERIC.MP sparc
>
> Uhhh?! Indeed SMP. I am surprised. I always thought it was new in 2.0.
> Thanks for the correction.

I don't know if it is in 1.6 or new in 1.6.2. I looked at several
releases of *BSDs to find one that did support SMP since a SPARC20 is
really only fun for me with more than one CPU.

Support appears to be in 1.6.2 for alpha, VAX and SPARC. I seem to
recall I had to do a little more than just edit a file and run config
ane make for a new kernel. I had to add an include or merge a config
file I think....

Steve