[rescue] DC Voltage distro (Was:SGI Challenge L... )

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Wed Sep 22 15:09:59 CDT 2004

> Dude, in the US it IS 220V @ 60A. Just cause your outlet has 110V
> doesn't mean that 110V is what's delivered at the street.

Oh yea, I was thinking down the track that since all of your appliances
are 220, they amperage is cut in half therefore 60 Amps of UK power is
equal to 120 Amps of US power, but of course this is incorrect.

The house I rent has 200 amp 1 phase service, never had any issues or come
close to maxed it.

Office is another story, 100 amp 3 phase service. Not as big as I would
like it.

--
: www.757tech.com  757 Technologies  (757)233-9460