[rescue] Sol9 on old x86

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Sep 22 11:05:07 CDT 2004

Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:
[...]
> I suspect that DaveM would agree, for a sufficently "trim" install
> of Solaris 9, and that the machine is run as a server/headless and
> has ample RAM for the required task...

Allow me to share with you one of the entries from my fortune file:

%
I remember the first time that I saw Solaris x86 running. I asked why the
drive light was on solid. The person running the system shrugged and said he
had no idea, since no one was logged on and the system wasn't doing anything
at all.                                 - Russ Allbery in The Other Place
%

--
The advice given me about Maglites is to hold it out sideways from yourself
but at shoulder height, this makes the opponent think you are standing 3