[rescue] Starting Postfix (was: Building Sendmail 8.13.1)Z

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Mon Sep 20 22:40:47 CDT 2004

 Phil Stracchino writes ...

> For reference, this is how I start Postfix:
>
> # Start mail system if mail queue dir is mounted
>
> if [ -d /var/spool/postfix ]; then
>     echo "Cleaning up mail queue directory before starting Postfix..."
>     /usr/sbin/postsuper -s
>     /usr/sbin/postfix start
> fi

Looks reasonable.  Thanks for the nudge on postsuper, too.

I'm inclined to do the full-whoop, though, with chkconfig,
start/stop/restart-reload, rebuiding the various databases, etc.  Basically
a postfixification of the current file.

Actually, I'll probably keep the current /etc/init.d/mail file as
/etc/init.d/mail_sendmail, have a postfix version as
/etc/init.d/mail_postfix, and the real /etc/init.d/mail will just check the
configuration and call one or the other of them.

-Shel