[rescue] SGI Challenge L systems available in Denver

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Sep 20 16:30:20 CDT 2004

> From: "Ethan O'Toole" <ethan at 757tech.net>
> Date: 2004/09/20 Mon AM 05:15:42 GMT
> To: "The Rescue List" <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] SGI Challenge L systems available in Denver
>
> > I wish they'd sell HID dimming rear windows or rear-view mirrors...
> > items that would convert the harsh light back into yellow light so I
> > don't want to rip the lungs out of HID drivers... come to think of it
> > I'd also like it on the windshield and all windows.
> > Andrew
>
> I did a bunch of research on it. Factory installed HID setups shouldn't
> cause issues to other drivers (the lights are angled quite a bit
> differently). The big issue is when people plug in these retrofit bulbs
> (which generally aren't DOT approved). Then the angle causes an issue.

My Xeon headlamps are angled down, and are load-sensitive (as I load the truck, they angle down further to compensate) and I think they are also supposed to track the steering of the car (a la Tucker cars)... Of course, these are factory installed.

If these headlights annoy you so much, I suggest you consider making your rear windows into one-way mirrors ;^)

In my old truck, I was able to "aim" my headlights into the rearview mirrors of annoying drivers, not that I ever did that ;^)