[rescue] Announcing the SunHELP Wiki

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Sep 20 16:25:11 CDT 2004

As many of you know, for the past few years I've had plans of consolidating
years of tips, tricks, and useful information gained from running the SunHELP
web site and mailing lists into a book, and then selling it for-cost through
a place like Cafepress.  For various reasons (work changes, daily schedules,
just being TOO BUSY) that's never quite worked out to plan.

However, I've started up the next best thing.  Using the same software that
Wikipedia uses (MediaWiki), I've created the SunHELP Wiki.

http://wiki.sunhelp.org

Feel free to add an account and plug in any useful information that you think
would go well on the site.  Everything contained in the wiki is available
under the GNU Free Documentation License, unless I decide in the next couple
of days to change that to a Creative Commons Attribution-By-SA license -
thoughts?

For anybody planning to troll the site and add useless garbage, be aware that
the software tracks recent changes (as an RSS feed, so I'll see any changes
at the most an hour after they're made) and I'll just roll things back if
I see content on the site that shouldn't be there.

Any tips on optimizing MediaWiki performance appreciated, and I'm welcome to
any suggestions that anyone might have.

Bill

--
bill bradford