[rescue] DC Voltage distro (Was:SGI Challenge L... )

Wes Will wwill at siu.edu
Mon Sep 20 15:04:10 CDT 2004

>I heard somewhere that 7 square miles of solar panels in Nevada would
>power the US? (During daylight)... Is this true?

Pretty close to it.  I think it's a bit more than that, but not much.  And
yes, during daylight.  You use Moonshine for power in the dark, and I ain't
talkin' anything reflected from Luna.

Alternative energy is a fun hobby.  I once powered a small radio (AM) with
a tea kettle on top of a wood-burning stove.  bi-metallic junction, copper
plate and a nickel one (??  Zinc?? I forget).

--
www