[rescue] DC Voltage distro (Was:SGI Challenge L... )

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Mon Sep 20 12:49:23 CDT 2004

Carleton College just finished off their wind turbine about a mile out of
Northfield in the cornfields of southeast Minnesota. It's impressive; I run
or bike by it a couple of times a week. It's probably 10 stories tall to to
tip of the blade when it's at the top. It's also mesmerizing to watch...

St. Olaf (my school, across town) is going to build one as well. I'm sure
Carleton getting one had nothing to do with it. <grin>

Surprisingly, southern Minnesota is apparently highly ranked for wind
potential in the 48 contiguous states.

http://webapps.acs.carleton.edu/news/?content=content&module=&id=63797

Steve