[rescue] DC Voltage distro (Was:SGI Challenge L... )

Wes Will wwill at siu.edu
Mon Sep 20 10:29:19 CDT 2004

>> And .... to bring this full circle ... internally, the SGI Challenge L
>> runs
>> on ... 48V!
>> -Shel
>
>As does the Origin 3800 !!!!
>
>But I think you would need alot of solar cells.
>--

I'm more of a wind power or undershot pelton wheel water-powered
turbine/generator type, myself.  PV solar is cool, and nice for the smaller
applications, but for serious wattage, nothing beats falling water and
moving air.  Those on the coasts might do well with wave generators, since
the one thing you can count on there is the tide.

--
wes will
Tide and time wait for no man.