[rescue] SGI Challenge L systems available in Denver

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Sun Sep 19 02:27:23 CDT 2004

> Fri, 17 Sep 2004 @ 10:39 -0400, velociraptor said:
>
>> There getting quite popular on motorcycles which generally
>> have issues with their electrical systems and the load placed
>> upon them.  Having white LED "headlight" arrays for a
>> reasonable cost would be very helpful.
>
> LED lights don't have enough penetration to be used as headlines.
>
> Even with focusing lenses, they still don't really do the job that an
> incandescent does.
>
> Of course, LEDs are improving continuously.

http://neasia.nikkeibp.com/nea/200408/features_322720.html

My ex-roomate had the HID based headlights on his Altima... man, they make
a heck of a difference. I wish someone would sell real retrofit kits for
vehicles. According to what I read all of the aftermarket stuff is BS, and
most of it is illegal.

> Would it be more efficient to distribute something like 48VDC through a
> room/house, than to just use local conversion?

Telco power rack in every garage?

--
: www.757tech.com  757 Technologies  (757)233-9460