[rescue] thinkpad 770x bios problem

Francois Dion fdion at atriumwindows.com
Sat Sep 18 19:23:54 CDT 2004

Alright, I needed to move some files off my IBM Thinkpad 770x running solaris 9
before installing Sol10 on it. I hadn't turned it on for the past 2-3 months.
Upon turning it on I got some code 175 and 163 and eventually a graphic display
appeared, asking for the date and time.

Probably the cmos battery that went dead. Ok, no big deal. I enter the info,
click continue and now I'm getting a screen with a big O (with off under it) and
a I (with on under it):

O    >   I
off      on

Obviously I want to start it, but I've clicked on about every key on the
keyboard and it's not doing anything.

Anybody know how to pass this screen?

Thanks,
Francois