[rescue] Rescue of a life-time.. or the year at the very least.

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Fri Sep 17 11:09:35 CDT 2004

Skeezics Boondoggle writes ...

> My list of "must haves" is pretty short these days:
> Xerox Alto II - pure unobtanium, but one can hope...

Has anyone but me ever even seen another machine from that era, the Modula 2
machine Wirth was building (and maybe selling) circa 1982?  I can't remember
the name, but I saw one in a computer store in Atlanta.  Mouse, GUI, etc.
Open-topped cabinet with big boards ... We we seriously considering getting
one to use for doco production, until we found out that no one had any idea
how to interface the thing to our typesetter, or to anything else, for that
matter.

-Shel