[rescue] Rescue of a life-time.. or the year at the very least.

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Fri Sep 17 09:25:27 CDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 01:21:14AM -0500, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> The final item I found there was a Data General Eclips MV/4000.  It had
> two 19" rack mount disk drives, which appeared to possibly be SCSI (?),
> a 9-track drive, and the CPU.

Sweet!!!

As a point of historical coincidence, you know that significant design
features of the Eclipse were inspired by the VAX architecture, right?
Apparently one of the DG designers dressed up in orange coveralls, took
a toolbox with him, went to a site that had a VAX, walked in and opened
up the machine pretending to be a service technician, and just sat there
poking through its innards for several hours to see how it worked.

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net