[rescue] Tape drive answers?

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Tue Sep 14 19:31:22 CDT 2004

Exabyte tells me the problem is that the tape drive is overheating.
They have so far failed to answer as to why the tape drive has only EVER
overheated in the thirty hours since I reflashed it with the latest
firmware yesterday.

I'm not sure I buy this, but I *do* have an extra fan tray I can put
under it for added cooling, if I remove one CDROM drive to make room to
move it up one bay in the case....  and I had been thinking about taking
out one of the CDROMs anyway.

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net