[rescue] Tool kits?

Joost van de Griek jvdg at sparcpark.net
Mon Sep 13 17:43:08 CDT 2004

On 2004-09-13 21:15, David L Kindred (Dave) wrote:

> For basic screwdrivers, buy the red handled "specials" at Sears (usually
> $0.99 to $1.99 each).  Buy lots, then you won't get mad when (not if,
> WHEN) they disappear).  You may also want/need a few good ones, but keep
> them hidden.

I respectfully disagree. Get one set of proper tools and MAKE SURE EVERY
TOOL IS ACCOUNTED FOR BEFORE SWITCHING ANYTHING ON!

Kinda like a surgeon counting his clamps and scalpels before sewing the
patient back up. A lost screwdriver can seriously wreak havoc inside a piece
of electronic equipment.

Servicing hospital equipment taught me to make sure every (labelled) space
in my toolkit is properly filled before switching the serviced equipment
back on.

My experience also tells me it may be more expensive initially to invest in
a quality toolset for every person needing one, in the long run this tends
to be cheaper than sharing a single toolset and replacing damaged/lost
pieces. People tend to take much better care of their "own" tools than a
shared set.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
I tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose.