[rescue] Resurrecting an ultra2

Paul Hortiatis ph009j at mail.rochester.edu
Mon Sep 13 01:57:50 CDT 2004

I've been trying to get an ultra 2 I picked up at the begining of the
summer up and running to put it to work but i'm having trouble with the
ram. The system is a fairly basic setup no HD yet and a single 167mhz
proc. The system came with 16 16mb SIMMs but the system only detects the
ram in the first bank. I know all the memory works and is seated
properly. Is there any thing else i should try rather than putting as
much ram as i can in the first bank shy of replacing the motherboard?

Thnx
	Paul