[rescue] VAX 11/780 on Ebay

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Tue Sep 7 13:24:23 CDT 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 10:20:42PM -0700, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:
> > There is another interesting piece of hardware on ebay too:
> >
> > A P.I.X.A.R image computer!
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1247&item=5121044537
>
> I'm fairly certain the seller is smoking crack about the price,
> especially since he says it is non functional.
>
> I would love to get one of those someday, but I'd strongly prefer that
> it be intact.

Since he is pretty much selling the chassis one would assume that a better
pictures would be in order.

Plus you'll still need a frontside host for it, and of course the wares
for it... which will be unobtanium by now. That is indeed a pretty damn
expensive door stop. However it is a mighty good looking one though...