[rescue] E4500 questions

Michael Horton Michael.Horton at acntv.com
Sun Sep 5 20:04:02 CDT 2004

heat sinks also just come loose with "age".
i have this happen to a dozen of these system boards just sitting/running in
servers that were never moved after installation.

sun told me the "glue" loses its ability to hold the heat sinks in place
(and, if there are plastic clips, they get brittle).

i have had this happen to least a dozen of these system boards.

sun replaces the system boards if they are under contract
(and i have replaced a dozen of these system boards).