[rescue] Quick request: Pointers for securing Solaris 9 server...

Wes Will wwill at siu.edu
Thu Sep 2 14:46:18 CDT 2004

http://www.boran.com/security/sp/Solaris_hardening1.html

as always, caveat lector.  ymmv.

At 07:15 PM 9/2/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I'm about to put a Solaris 9 server up as my DMZ server off my DSL line,
and I was wondering if anyone had some pointers to guidance material on
securing/hardening a Solaris 9 install, I hope to run HTTP, FTP, and SSH
(all as provided/patched by Sun), no Telnet or other services are needed,
and I'm in need of a reasonable "How To" (short of buying a heavy security
book and working my way through it)...

>Pointers to useful sites, write-ups appreciated - please send off-list and
I'll provide a summary if there is interest.