[rescue] Quick request: Pointers for securing Solaris 9 server...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Sep 2 14:15:07 CDT 2004

Hello all,

I'm about to put a Solaris 9 server up as my DMZ server off my DSL line, and I was wondering if anyone had some pointers to guidance material on securing/hardening a Solaris 9 install, I hope to run HTTP, FTP, and SSH (all as provided/patched by Sun), no Telnet or other services are needed, and I'm in need of a reasonable "How To" (short of buying a heavy security book and working my way through it)...

Pointers to useful sites, write-ups appreciated - please send off-list and I'll provide a summary if there is interest.

Thanks in advance,

Lionel