[rescue] Computer Humor, IRIX division

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at plexus.com
Fri May 28 13:49:45 CDT 2004

On May 28, 2004, at 1:39 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 02:17:07PM -0400, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
>> man apanel, then search for "conservation" or "NUTRITION" ...
>
> My favorite was always the old UNIX manual page for "reboot":
>
> "Options to reboot are:
> -n
>  option avoids the sync. It can be used if a disk or the processor is
> on fire."

My first-ever boss in the computer world, told me when I was new to his
shop; "this tool can page us if the computer catches on fire and we
need to restart the box".

I decided HE could restart the box, but I was going evacuate the
building and call the fire department, if and when.  Months later I
realized it was just an expression . . .

~brian