[rescue] Forth books (Old Thread)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri May 28 09:32:17 CDT 2004

> From: "Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366" <patrick at zill.net>
> Date: 2004/04/28 Wed PM 03:18:04 GMT
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Forth books
>
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 02:37:06PM +0000, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> >
> > Uhm, we *are* collectors, and they are hard to find...
>
> > I'd love to start a "re-publishing house" and bring back limited
> > runs of classic computer-related tomes, of course they wouldn't be
> > cheap, unless they were cheaply bound, but it could be an
> > interesting sideline.
>
> All you need is to get the rights.  There are plenty of companies that
> do print-on-demand in as little as 10 books at a time.  You just give
> them a PDF of the book.

WOW - old follow-up, but on a whim I got a quote from Kinko's for a single copy, wire-bound, clear vinyl cover, black vinyl back of a 329 page PDF file printed double side on regular 20# paper.

About $35:
   7.5 cents per page side
   and (I guess) about $10 for the binding/cover/handling

I think the "per side" price would come down for qty. greater than 1...

The book was the freely available "Unix Hater's Handbook" (google will turn it up for you, if interested).