[rescue] RS/6000 Model 590

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Tue May 25 08:56:08 CDT 2004

On Wednesday 31 December 1969 19:00, Bob Carr wrote:
> In a previous message Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> Thanks for the confirmation.  From what I can see, all the cabling
> appears secure.  I'm not sure how to get at the power supply, though.
>  Having removed the side and front covers, and all of the screws
> obviously securing the power supply, I still can't free it.

There should be one or two screws, and a few cables, and it should slide
right out...it might be a bit stuck, make sure all the cables are
disconnected and then give it a good yank.

> What about the small battery linked to the reset button?  If it's
> shot, would that affect power-on?  Also, does the reset button have a
> role in power-on?

Nope.  You should get *something* when you flip the switch as long as
the supply is good (at least a blink out of the lights).

--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/
The Computer Refuge               ---  http://computer-refuge.org