[rescue] Crazy viruses from the list...

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon May 24 11:45:40 CDT 2004

Thomas Gallaway wrote:

> I dont know but I have within the last 2 hours received 4 viruses
> from [an email address that's probably only for this list.]. All
> of wich originated from

   I just got two more virus-laden email messages; their headers include
"<20040112131716.ga7951 at jdboyd.zill.net>" and "[170.76.20.253]" (which
is a group named AcNet Gobierno Mexicano who changed their DNS record a
week ago). The attachment, Your_money.vbs, was dropped by our mail
system.
   Josh, I don't expect you to have pooped on the rug. :7) Finding a
second Lister's address only reinforces Thomas's suspicion that a
subscriber is infected.
   Our Exchange server is sufficiently out of date that I doubt that it
was me. I hope.... :7(
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt