[rescue] NeXT OS Disks?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri May 21 23:21:07 CDT 2004

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 08:49:14PM -0700, Ishtar666 wrote:
> I'm sorry Bill.  Wasn't trying to cause any trouble for anybody; I thought
> NeXTSTEP was officially abandonware.

Apple bought NeXT.  Seen this thing called "Mac OS X" lately? :)
It's basically "Next-Generation" NeXTStep/OpenStep on PPC hardware.

Every time I think "you know, I should find a NeXT Cube and a NeXTDimension
board", i realize that I've got that hardware, just its successor, in front of
me here at home (Dual 867Mhz G4, 2G RAM).

(I read somewhere that the "next-gen" NeXT boxes were going to be PPC...)

I still do have a hankerin' for a Cube, though.  I have the original 12"x12"
brochure that I got from NeXT when I was in junior high...

Bill

--
bill bradford
austin texas