[rescue] Octanes - is this a good price ?

Torquil MacCorkle, III torquil at chemist.com
Fri May 14 12:05:01 CDT 2004

> > 400MHz, 512MB RAM, ESI graphics, 2x18GB
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3095942159
> >
> > Are they worth $525?
>
> It's probably a bit late, but ...

Probably, but I meant to say something on this as well, so I'll take
advantage of the situation.

It seems base Octane single R10K configurations go for anywhere from
$30->$150 depending on options, I'd probably value yours at like ~$100 if it
wasn't 400MHz.  So it really comes down to how much is the R12K 400Mhz
processor worth to you?  If it is worth >$435, it is a good deal.

(I did not factor in shipping costs to anything above)

---
Thanks,
Torquil MacCorkle, III
Lexington, Virginia