[rescue] Octanes - is this a good price ?

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Thu May 13 08:35:59 CDT 2004

This one is border line in my opinion.  The drive sizes are
larger than the average and i believe the cache on the R12k is
going to make the CPU considerably faster than most of the ebay
Octanes out there.  I'd say if the graphics were MXE or above it
would be defiantly worth it.  Shipping isn't too bad on it
either, considering how heavy these things are.

All in all, if i was in the market i probably would go for it,
unless i was planning on soon getting something a notch above, in
which case the price will likely, more than double.

For reference, i payed $300 for a 225mhz, 128meg, 9 gig, SI.
That was, however, over a year ago.

/KRM

On Wed, 12 May 2004 18:19:54 -0400
"Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366" <patrick at zill.net> wrote:

> 400MHz, 512MB RAM, ESI graphics, 2x18GB
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3095942159
>
> Are they worth $525?
>
> --Patrick

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/