[rescue] Origin 2000 Questions

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu May 13 05:53:28 CDT 2004

> From: "Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net>
> Date: 2004/05/12 Wed PM 10:38:49 GMT
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Origin 2000 Questions
>

> How is that ethically challenged?  We wouldn't be saying "don't bid
> against me" (and, indeed, couldn't enforce it anyway), so much as we'd
> be giving people the opportunity to see if the person they're bidding
> against it someone they might value more as a friend.  It also gives
> people the opportunity to email each other and say "I need that for XYZ
> project, if you don't really need that, I'd sure like to outbid you
> without this turning into a pissing match".

What would be nice would be if there was a way to identify "friends" when you look at the auction page (i.e. like the "feedback rating" icon next to a users name... I don't need to know everyone's ID, I do want to know if it is a friend bidding on an item...

Anyway, I think our situation here is unusual, not mainstream enough for ebay to feel the need to address it...