[rescue] Origin 2000 Questions

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed May 12 08:51:45 CDT 2004

> From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at caerllewys.net>
> Date: 2004/05/12 Wed PM 01:33:57 GMT
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Origin 2000 Questions

> Anyone have any opinions on what's a fair price for a well-loaded E3000,
> 6x336MHz, 1GB RAM iirc, 10x9G Cheetah, three peripheral power supplies,
> with a framebuffer (Creator 2D, iirc) and a SunSwift (iirc) installed
> and half a dozen or so spare boards (mostly I/O boards)?

Well, $3,575 seems too high:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51238&item=3093902155&
rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

and even $300 (for a lesser system) didn't find any takers:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51238&item=3093802200&
rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I don't see any meaningful examples from recent sales on Ebay, but I think it
may wind up being on the wrong side (for you) of $1,000. Also, I suspect that
shipping it will be a *huge* problem, unless you have suitable packing
materials handy...

See:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51238&item=3094881722

A $910 E4500 with 8x 400 MHz CPUs, 2 GB RAM, no HDs and $100 S/H.

HTH,

Lionel
lionel 4287 at verizon net