[rescue] Solaris 10 and "grid containers" and "zones"

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue May 11 10:34:48 CDT 2004

" From: Mike Meredith <mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk>
"
" On Sun, 9 May 2004 10:12:54 -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366
" wrote:
" > I bet you could copy all the 2.6 shared libs over to a private
" > directory and use LD_LIBRARY_PATH to get partway there.
"
" A 5.6 userland would get a little bit further although I dare say you'd
" have to replace some of it with 5.10 stuff to deal with the kernel. I
" dare say it wouldn't keep the application vendors happy... there's no
" reason why the applications wouldn't work with later versions anyhow.

i'd like to try chrooting to a volume with 5.6 installed in it.  you'd
still be stuck w.r.t. loadable drivers, but backward compatibility
should cover everything else, and all the paths would be 'right' - no
LD_LIBRARY_PATH monkey-motion.

but it'll have to wait until i have a machine that can run something
newer than 5.6...