[rescue] IBM 530H Won't Boot

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Mon May 10 13:11:31 CDT 2004

On Monday 10 May 2004 11:38, Zach Lowry wrote:
> Hey everyone!
>
> I got some fans for my IBM 530H, so it turns on now. It boots up
> until 214, then goes to flashing 888s. I've fiddled with the memory
> boards some, to no avail. This code says that something to do with
> the Power Register is bad, but I believe this is probably false. Does
> anyone have any suggestions, of even better, a service guide for the
> 7013-53H?

There's a list of error codes on IBM's website:

http://publib16.boulder.ibm.com/pseries/en_US/infocenter/base/hardware_docs/pdf/a4af5bas.pdf

You need to read the error message that the flashing "888" gives you, by
pressing the reset button and writing down each set of new numbers
until the error code repeats itself.  Instructions on how to do that
are in the above PDF.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS        ---  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/