[rescue] AS/400s

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat May 8 22:51:57 CDT 2004

On Sat, 8 May 2004, Zach Lowry wrote:

> I have the opportunity to rescue an AS/400. I have no idea about the
> status of the OS, etc. I've heard before that getting a copy of OS/400
> is next to impossible. Is it even worth trying to mess with this
> sucker?

If it's one of the older white boxes, don't bother.  If it's a newer
black system with the older CISC processor, it's usable, and
interesting, but not much better.  If it's one of the new RISC-based
systems, get it and send it to me. :)

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."