[rescue] AS/400s

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat May 8 19:20:36 CDT 2004

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 07:10:27PM -0500, Zach Lowry wrote:
> Hey everyone,
> I have the opportunity to rescue an AS/400. I have no idea about the
> status of the OS, etc. I've heard before that getting a copy of OS/400
> is next to impossible. Is it even worth trying to mess with this
> sucker?
> Zach

I tried, gave up, and sold my AS/400 system about two years ago.

I had one of the older non-PowerPC based units (but new enough that it
was black).  IBM refused to even acknowledge its existence, and when I
tried to go through official channels to see about prices on the OS for
it, all I got was "It came with an OS, but the seller wasnt licensed to
sell you the OS with the hardware, sorry."

Bill

--
bill bradford
austin texas