Alpha CPUs, was Re: [rescue] i860 Success

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu May 6 14:42:18 CDT 2004

" From: "William Enestvedt" <William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu>
"
" > Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
" >
" > > I have a pair of Mac IIci systems sitting on a shelf, restored and
" > > working, but not used.  Not sure what I'll do with them.
" >
"    Which reminds me: by about the end of next week, a functioning 840AV
" with a SuperMax Thunder II card and 100-odd MB RAM is going to the dump
" in Johnston unless someone wants to pick it up. (Curt? You there? It's
" free, and my wife may well make you a batch of cookies for hauling the
" damn thing away!)
"    I have a couple of HDs in it with System 8.1 (8.6? Mebbe not...). YOu
" probably don't want the dim, fuzzy 15" display on it -- in awesome
" vintage Compaq beige with a tainbow logo stright out of the Imitate
" Apple Playbook! -- but you can take the wonderful Kensington trackball
" and full-size Apple keybord (both ADB, on a long cable).

if nobody else steps fwd, i'll take it.  we'll have to play hot potato
to get it to me though...  let me know if i'm 'it'.