[rescue] Ultra 1, KVM, and Flat Panel woes

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu May 6 11:18:09 CDT 2004

> From: Wes Will <wwill at siu.edu>
> Date: 2004/05/06 Thu PM 01:47:34 GMT
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: [rescue] Ultra 1, KVM, and Flat Panel woes
> We made one small change, to a
> flat panel LCD display.  Everything works as before except the Ultra 1.  No
> video whatever, and it's an autodetect LCD with horizontal/vertical rates
> high enough even for Sun.  If we switch back to the CRT, video comes on
> without a reboot so it's not in headless mode.

I'd suggest trying to "force" the framebuffer to a compatible
resolution/refresh rate - I tried an LCD on my Ultra 5 and was stumped, it
wasn't even doing 640x480 @ 60 Hz - I forced the framebuffer (in OBP and OS)
to 1024x768x75 (the "best" supported by both the framebuffer and the CRT at 24
bit color depth).

With the LCD attached, check the config on your framebuffer, and it may tell
you not only all the possible choices for the framebuffer, but also the LCD,
and just find a match...

HTH,

Lionel
lionel 4287 at verizon net