[rescue] Ultra 1, KVM, and Flat Panel woes

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu May 6 09:17:45 CDT 2004

Wes wrote:

> about what i thought.  we'll give that a whirl and we'll see,
> shan't we?

   Here's my script (you'll probably need to adjust the name of the
actual command to match your card):
---------start script-----------
#!/sbin/sh
#
# A script to force the video card's output to something
# amenable to the HP TFT5100R rack-mount LCD panel attached to the
# KVM in this server's rack.
#
# Written by W. Enestvedt, 5/29/2003.
#
/usr/sbin/pgxconfig -res 1024x768x75 noconfirm;
echo "--------------------" >> /export/home/wenestve/bootlog;
echo `date` >> /export/home/wenestve/bootlog;
echo `/usr/sbin/pgxconfig -prconf` >> /export/home/wenestve/bootlog;
#
# Should return the following message, which I supressed:
#    video resolution on /dev/fbs/gfxp0 will be set to 1024x768x75
#
   I'm fairly certain you don't care about the logging part; that was
kind of a debug step that I left in.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt