[rescue] Ultra 1, KVM, and Flat Panel woes

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu May 6 08:52:19 CDT 2004

Wes Will wrote:

> Everything works as before except the Ultra 1. No video whatever,
> and it's an autodetect LCD with horizontal/vertical rates
> high enough even for Sun. If we switch back to the CRT, video
> comes on without a reboot so it's not in headless mode.

   I have several V480s on a KVM with a Compaq rackmount LCD, ond one of
them simply refuses to work out a resolution/timing with the LCD. I
booted it with a CRT attached, then typed in the command to force a
display setting that the LCD's manual claims to accept, and swapped in
the LCD cable before hitting the Return key. When I found values that
seemed acceptable, I put them into an rc script, and bit my tongue.
   I'm using plain ol' PGX64 (?) cards in the V480s, so the sae trick
may work for you.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt