[rescue] Semi-OT: Verizon phone with SSH

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu May 6 07:41:33 CDT 2004

Bill asked, clear-headedly:

> Why not a laptop with wifi?

   Because I have a laptop, and I just want something that I can get &
send email on, make calls on, and ocasionally use to log into my Suns.
When our third baby arrives in June, [s]he'll be living in the same room
as my Mac and for quick sessions I'd like to avoid waking him/her.
   Plus, if I tried to hang a laptop from my belt, I'd go from Batman to
Pantless in one chilly, embarassed moment.
   Then Nadine asked:

> Doesn't Verizon have some nifty new high-speed data stuff better
> than AT&T's Edge, if connectivity is the issue?  Or do you just
> want to get a cool phone since $job is paying? ;-)  It's OK to
> crave the toys.

   I dunno, and yes, I do crave. :7)
   We have a university-wide deal with, if I understand correctly,
Verizon, so that's whose stuff I'm looking at. I don't like PDAs, and I
am not interested in a Windows CE (or whateverE) device. The
Blackberries appeal to me for that reason, but they seem a little
pricey. (I wonder if we'd get a deal; must remember to ask.)
   Thanks for the advice, everyone!
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt