[rescue] Rescued iMacs looking for input on repair

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed May 5 23:09:09 CDT 2004

> From: "Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366" <patrick at zill.net>
> Date: 2004/05/06 Thu AM 12:20:47 GMT
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Rescued iMacs looking for input on repair

> Electricity is wonderful as long as it is going through the equipment,
> not through you.

When I was in college (late 80's) in middle Pennsylvania one summer, there
was a news report that a highway maint. man was killed in a freak accident.

He was working with man in a dump truck, helping him back it up and dump the
load... When the truck got in position, he indicated to raise the dumper (?),
and as he did, it touched an overhead power line.

The guy in the truck watched his partner get electrocuted.

Turns out they were on loose gravel, it had rained the night before, and the
electricity went through the truck to the ground, and over to the fellow by
the truck.

The guy inside was not hurt.

The guy outside died.