[rescue] Rescued iMacs looking for input on repair

Thomas Gallaway rescue at port11.net
Wed May 5 12:11:12 CDT 2004

Andrew Weiss wrote:

> On May 5, 2004, at 12:48 PM, Thomas Gallaway wrote:
>
>> I just found this about the flyback issue:
>> http://www.macopz.com/columns/imacrepair/disassembly.html
>>
>> An rather scary instruction on how to replace the flyback transformer.
>>

> Yeah... if you don't properly discharge the CRT (either with a
> screwdriver and cable or a CRT discharge tool) you can die.  25kV is
> not nice going through your body.  They're supposed to have bleeder
> resistors but those don't always work.
>
> Andrew

Here is another question. The link the guy refers to his mac have done this:
"If the iMac still fails to boot in the same manner before as the repair
(i.e. it turns off just after the light turns from orange to green) then
there is still something wrong with the FBT."

Mine does not even get to the point when the LED turns on at all.

-- Thomas